Personal Injury FAQ

For over 30 years, Paul Grosso has provided strong representation and sound counsel to clients in a broad range of Personal Injury Lawsuits. A Certified Civil Trial Attorney, Mr. Grosso ensures that his clients are not only fully protected under the law, but that they also are educated and understand every aspect of their case. Mr. Grosso and his lawyers can answer any question or concern you may have during your lawsuit and help you understand what to expect as your case proceeds. Below are some of the most frequently asked questions our clients have about personal injury litigation in New Jersey.

Have additional questions? Speak to our trusted lawyers by contacting our Elmwood Park firm online or call 201-254-0768 for a free, no-risk case evaluation today.

How much is my case worth?

This question is difficult to answer, as it depends on the particulars of your individual case. In New Jersey, injury victims may be eligible to recover compensation for damages including lost and future wages, the cost of medical treatment and pain and suffering. To learn more about what your individual case is worth, contact our firm today.

What is "negligence"?

For a personal injury claim to be viable, you must be injured as a result of someone else's fault ("negligence"). Negligence refers to careless action that falls short of the accepted standard of care.

Negligence falls under Civil Law and in almost all instances, the defendant has not committed a crime. Traffic (such as careless driving, speeding, drunk driving, etc.) and other offenses, though, often prove or support negligence.

Is my own Insurance Company and the company of the other party on my side? Should I provide them with factual or other information without a lawyer?

Mr. Grosso, his attorneys and staff all understand the abuses of insurance companies and corporations that often take advantage of uninformed and innocent accident victims. His firm will defend and protect you and be your voice against the often misleading approaches of the insurance world.

Insurance companies have their lawyers and you should have one, too.

How do I know who to file my personal injury claim against?

To recover maximum compensation in your Personal Injury Lawsuit, it is critical to file a claim against the right defendant and target. At the Law Office of Paul Grosso we can investigate the circumstances of your injury to determine who is at fault and liable for your losses.

I was partially responsible for my injury. Can I still pursue compensation?

In most cases, yes. While the amount you are eligible to recover may be decreased, you are still entitled to an award even if you were partially at fault. To learn more, contact our firm and speak with a trusted attorney who can help you understand the particulars of your individual claim.

Will my attorney be accessible to me?

Yes. At the Law Office of Paul Grosso, we recognize how important attorney-client communication is to the success of a Personal Injury Lawsuit. While other firms may not return your calls for months, Mr. Grosso meets with each of his clients in person at least once every three weeks. Clients are always welcome at our office and our attorneys make themselves available in times of need.

When you call his firm, you will speak to Paul Grosso or another lawyer, not a machine. When you email or otherwise contact him, you will get an immediate response rather than being ignored. You will not be shuffled between staff members. You can get in for an appointment with him or another lawyer within 24 to -48 hours, and often on weekends.

How soon after my injury should I file a lawsuit?

Injury victims should contact an attorney and file a claim as soon as possible after their accident, as there is a time limit on filing personal injury claims in New Jersey. Once that time limit expires, you may no longer be eligible to make a monetary recovery.

More Questions? Get Answers From Our Attorneys.

If you have additional questions about your lawsuit or what to expect as your case moves forward, contact the Law Office of Paul Grosso today for comprehensive answers via email or call 201-254-0768.